WWII Special Vol. 4, Mr Black
- Brand: Mr Black Publications
- Product Code: D18607 
- Availability: In Stock & ready to ship!
- Date added: 10/01/2021
This volume is the 35th edition in Mr Black Publications’ “Scale Model Handbook” series, and the fourth in that series entirely dedicated to what took place between 1939-1945, which has since been described in Western histories as “The Second World War”.
The wartime themes herein are numerous and feature extended articles about models, dioramas, vignettes and figures, especially in 1/35 scale, where we’ve managed to assemble many representative examples from our well-known regular contributors, who’ve been with us from the beginning. We’ve added some articles from newer and very talented modellers that we feel will interest our readers. Our thanks go to everyone for their excellent work and dedication, which helped achieve this project… Our new contributors are Lieven Terryn, Eduardo Fernandez Rodriguez, Fabrizio Marini and Carlos Muñoz de Bustillo. As always, thanks are due to our regular and well-known stalwarts, Selu Casanova, Ernesto Reyes Stalhuth and Toshihiro Sano.
We must also thank our friends, partners and supporters from the manufacturing fraternity… Pietro Balloni and Luca Marchetti (Pegaso Models), Darren Parker-Mead (Tommy’s War), Stuart Hale (Stormtrooper Miniatures), Alexander Surzhenko (Masterbox Ltd), Alexey Lukanev (Irbis Miniatures), Man Jin Kim (MJ Miniatures), Young B. Song (Young Miniatures), Taesung Harmms (Alpine Miniatures), Daniel Buchtela (Model Scene), DG Artwork (Dae Hyoung Kim), Alex Vallejo (Vallejo Acrylics), Fernando Vallejo (AK-Interactive), Ben Mirson and Alina Rizhko (both from Miniart Models).
Finally, we extend our thanks to Ken Jones for his valuable help in editing our contributors’ texts, which have to be translated into English from the many different languages within our worldwide contributor base. His knowledge and advice help us lend a unique final touch to all our publications.
Hopefully you’ll enjoy our new book, but above all, keep modelling!
Editor and Publisher
Mr Black Publications
- 4 Ramcke Brigade, Libya 1942 - Building a Diorama Featuring an Abandoned Kettenkrad and Detailed Commercial Plastic Figures in a Desert Setting - 50mm (1/35)
- 18 Waffen SS Machine Gunner 1944 - Painting The Skin Tones, a Late Pattern SS Camouflage Smock And Equipment of a Young Soldier - 180mm (1/10)
- 26 “Dansei No Meiyo” - Japanese Officer, Pacific Offensive - How to Build and Paint a Resin Figure Step-By-Step… A Complete Painting Guide Using Acrylic Paints Applied with an Airbrush and A Paintbrush - 75mm (1/25)
- 36 Brothers in Arms in Northern Italy 1944 - Creating a Unique World War Two Vignette Comprising Commercially Available Figures and Accessories Using Simple Conversions and Scratch Building Techniques - 50mm (1/35)
- 44 British Paratrooper, Operation Market Garden 1944 - Painting a British Denison Camouflage Smock and Equipment with Tamiya Enamels - 180mm (1/10)
- 52 The Last Bullet - How to Build a Realistic WWII Scene Using Commercial Products - 50mm (1/35)
- 62 American Paratrooper - 101st Airborne Division WWII “Currahee” - Painting a Large Scale Bust of a WWII American Paratrooper with Acrylic Paints - 180mm (1/10)
- 74 “Battaglione Barbarigo” in Northern Italy Late 1944 - Creating a Unique WWII Figure in a Scenic Setting Using Converted Commercial Figure Parts - 50mm (1/35)
- 78 After the Battle 1944-1945 - Painting Waffen SS Grenadiers in Winter Uniforms for the Manufacturer’s Box Art Using Tamiya Enamels - 50mm (1/35)
Contributors: Carlos Muñoz de Bustillo - Selu Casanova - Fabrizio Marini - Eduardo Fernandez Rodriguez - Toshihiro Sano - Ernesto Reyes Stalhuth - Lieven Terryn
- A4 Format
- 84 Pages
- Matt Laminated Cover