WWII Special Vol. 2, Mr Black
- Brand: Mr Black Publications
- Product Code: D13078 
- Availability: In Stock & ready to ship!
This product belongs to the following categories:
WORLD WAR 2 SPECIAL - VOLUME 2: WWII GERMAN UNIFORMS - A GUIDE TO PAINTING MINIATURE FIGURES IN ACRYLIC. The Miniature Figure Art of Man Jin Kim.
Welcome to the latest WWII Special, Vol.2 in the Scale Model Handbook Series from Mr Black Publications Editions. This is the ultimate painting guide by the Korean master figure painter and artist Man Jin Kim showing how to paint miniature figures in German WWII uniforms using acrylic paints.
Mr Black Publications is proud to bring you this awesome work, first published in the Korean language, with an English text where over 84 pages cover the most important aspects of painting German uniforms in miniature. Field grey, black and white, leather uniform items, camouflage accessories and scenery. Inside are more than 300 photos, and around 280 of them are step-by-step sequences.
The first chapter is dedicated to tools and assembly, the second on using acrylic paints and the third is about face painting. The fourth chapter covers painting uniforms, the fifth accessories whereas the sixth looks at scenery. The seventh, and final, chapter presents a gallery of masterly painted figures, busts and vignettes by the author illustrated with really big and sharp photos that reveal even the smallest details of each model subject. Most of these models were painted as box artwork for well-know companies.
6 CHAPTER I - Tools and Assembly
- The tools and materials needed for modelling miniature figures
- Preparation and assembly
13 CHAPTER II - The use of acrylic paints
- Features of acrylic paints and using brushes
- Colour Chart
16 CHAPTER III - Painting the face
- Head with cap - 50mm (1/35)
- Head with cap - 120mm (1/16)
- Head with helmet - 120mm (1/16)
28 CHAPTER IV - Painting the uniform
- Painting a field grey uniform - 50mm (1/35)
- Painting black and white - 50mm (1/35)
- Oak leaf and Italian pattern camouflage - 50mm (1/35)
- M44 pea pattern camouflage, Waffen SS Tank
- Crewman - 50mm (1/35)
- Palm tree pattern camouflage - 120mm (1/16)
- Painting leather textures
58 CHAPTER V - Painting accessories
- Texturing the canteen cover (field flask)
- Different textures on rifles
- Magazine pouches
62 CHAPTER VI - Making the groundwork scenery
- Making the groundwork for the 12th SS Grenadier
- NCO - 50mm (1/35)
67 CHAPTER VII - Gallery
- Figures painted by the author
Author: Man Jin Kim
Publisher: Mr Black Publications (2017)
Description: 84 colour pages, Paperback, A4 size, more than 350 colour photos. FULL ENGLISH TEXT.
Condition: NEW COPY.
Shipping weight: 500 γρ.