Theme Collection Vol. 7, Mr Black
- Brand: Mr Black Publications
- Product Code: D18609 
- Availability: In Stock & ready to ship!
THEME COLLECTION VOL. 7 - SPECIAL EDITION: FANTASY WORLD IN SCALE
The Fantasy World can fascinate people from their childhood and onwards to adulthood, as the mystery and other dimensions take their minds into a totally fantastic universe where everything is possible.
Within this ‘Theme Collection Book’ you’ll find 12 articles by 11 well-known artists who reveal their secrets for painting, sculpting and scenic creations, six of which were originally made for Box Art Painting. All mediums are used here… Acrylics, enamels and oils, so whatever paint you prefer, you’ll find interesting ways and varied approaches to using it and you’ll learn a lot of new things, tips and techniques along the way.
Even though our main series focuses on Historical Subjects, this is our first book dedicated to Fantasy Themes. We are sure that this book will be a useful reference for all modelers.
This is the seventh “Theme Collections” title in our new series that draws upon previously published articles in our Scale Model Handbook Special Editions Collection books where the content is dedicated to a specific category or period. In this latest edition we’ve gathered together 12 themes on Fantasy World, which we hope to have a popular following amongst the miniature figure modelling fraternity. Future titles in this new series will offer carefully chosen articles, grouped together into specific themes.
Our books are produced using a high-quality digital printing process giving excellent quality illustrations, using 300g matt laminated velvet paper for the covers, with 150g velvet paper inside all perfect bound with a special glue!
As always, thanks must go to all our contributors for their support and for sharing their secrets with us. Special thanks are due to Pietro Balloni, Luca Marchetti, Alex Vallejo, Darren Parker-Mead, Man Jin Kim, Alexey Lucanev, Fernando Vallejo, Taesung Harmms, Andrew Cairns, Young B. Song, Dae-Hyeong Kim, Ju Won Jung, Paul Ondeck, Yannis Papadopoulos and our English Text Editor Ken Jones.
We hope you’ll enjoy our latest edition!
- 4 The Last Resistance Fighter - Combining Acrylics & Oils on a Large Scale Bust in a Scenic Setting - Taurus Miniatures (TAU-200-02) - 200mm (1/9)
- 14 The Siege Giant - How to Paint a Large Scale Fantasy Model Using Fascinating Painting Techniques - Galapagos Miniatures (GP-B005) - 90mm (1/20)
- 20 Jules Vern - The Concept & Construction of a Scratch-built Project - 65mm (1/28)
- 29 Creating Bases & Scenic Settings - All Scales
- 40 Sgt Connor, Serpentian Heavy Infantry - How to Paint Metals without Metallic Colours - Andrea Miniatures (DN-01) - 54mm (1/32)
- 46 Dwarf Veteran - Painting Realistic Facial Features…with a Full Beard! - Raccoon Miniatures (RM-WF-01) - 200mm (1/9)
- 50 Night’s Watch - Painting with Acrylic & Enamel Colours - Nuts Planet (NP-B001) - 180mm (1/10)
- 56 Brünnhilde, Die Walküre - Painting a Female Figure - Alexandros Models (DAM/9) - 75mm (1/24)
- 62 Kyle, Heir to the Blue Sun - Sculpting & Painting a Large Scale Bust - Galapagos Miniatures (GP-B003) - 180mm (1/10)
- 68 Fujita’s Dinner - How to Create a Realistic 54mm Vignette with Scratch-built Figures - Scratch-built Figures & Setting - 54mm (1/32)
- 74 From Hell: “Jack the Ripper” - Painting a Figure using “An Oriented Source of Light” - Scale 75 (SCN-003) - 75mm (1/24)
- 81 The Old Dragon - Painting a Large Scale Fantasy Bust Using Acrylics and Printers’ Inks - MJ Miniatures (09-003) - 200mm (1/9)
Contributors: ZACHARIAS ANDRIOPOULOS • ANTONIO FDEZ (“PIQUI”) • Javier González (Arsies) • MYEONG-HA HWANG • JU-WON JUNG • MICHAEL KONTRAROS • KAZUFUMI TOMORI • SANG-EON LEE • SERGEY POPOVICHENKO • ALEX VARELA (IGUAZZU) • JASON ZHOU
- A4 Format
- 84 pages
- Matt Laminated cover
- Strong Binding (glue)