Discount Hobby Zone MID SUMMER SALES with 20% OFF!!
JUST ENTER THE COUPON CODE ''SUMMER21'' AT CHECKOUT
- Minimum order value: 60 EUR.
- Please mind that products already in offer are excluded from the coupon action.
Rodney and Nelson, Shipcraft No 23
- Brand: Seaforth Publishing
- Product Code: D15745 
- Availability: In Stock & ready to ship!
- Date added: 06/04/2019
SHIPCRAFT Series Νο 23: RODNEY and NELSON.
- Summary of Design History and Careers
- Full Details of Class variations and modifications
- Colour reference for paint schemes
- Gallery of photographs of outstanding models
- Critical reviews of available kits and accessories
- Sources of further information from books to websites.
The SHIPCRAFT series provides in-depth information about building and modifying model kits of famous warship types. Lavishly illustrated, each book takes the modeller through a brief history of the subject class, highlighting differences between sisterships and changes in their appearance over their careers. This includes paint schemes and camouflage, featuring colour profiles and highly-detailed line drawings and scale plans. The modelling section reviews the strengths and weaknesses of available kits, lists commercial accessory sets for super-detailing of the ships, and provides hints on modifying and improving the basic kit. This is followed by an extensive photographic survey of selected high-quality models in a variety of scales, and the book concludes with a section on research references - books, monographs, large-scale plans and relevant websites.
The two ships covered in this volume were the only capital ships designed and built between the wars - a special concession of the Washington Treaty's ban on new battleships - and they were unlike anything before them, with the superstructure three-quarters aft and all main armament turrets forward of the bridge. During the war Nelson survived mine and torpedo damage, while Rodney played a major part in the destruction of the Bismarck, both surviving to be broken up post-war.
Authors: John Lambert / Les Brown
Publisher: Seaforth Publishing (2015)
Description: 64 pages, Paperback, A4 size.
Condition: NEW COPY.
Shipping weight: 0.47 Kg.