New Brand in our Catalogue: IBN EDITORE
Figure Modelling Vol. 25
- Brand: Mr Black Publications
- Product Code: D17514 
- Availability: In Stock & ready to ship!
You are holding the 25th issue of “Figure Modelling” in Mr Black Publications’ Scale Model Handbook series. This is actually the 38th book we’ve published so far, of which 25 of our titles have covered figure modelling; three are about modelling dioramas; four are the popular “Modelling the Second World War” specials; a further six are in our new “Theme Collection Special Edition Series”.
This time our figure modelling book includes seven articles from seven well-known artists, who offer lots of tips and techniques about modelling miniature figures, busts and vignettes from ancient times to the Second World War, and onto the present day with 13-pages about the Multicam Camouflage on a 120mm figure. Five of the articles cover the subjects in detail, illustrated with step-by-step photos and explanatory texts.
Sergey Popovichenko returns with an eight-page, step-by-step feature on a Greek Hoplite at the Battle of Marathon 490 BC. He shows in detail how to paint realistic flesh, metals, fabrics and the Hoplite’s shield using acrylics and oils.
Next is a four-page article by Louis D’ Orio featuring the painting of a large-scale 200mm Templar standard-bearer figure using oil colours.
Ernesto Reyes Stalhuth offers a Drummer of Grenadiers, 67th Line Regiment Vienna, 1809 explaining over six pages his painting method for a colourful 75mm Napoleonic period figure using acrylics.
A six-page article by Toshihiro Sano follows, presenting a Russian Razvedchiki with his Waffen SS tank crew prisoner of war 1944-45. Toshihiro explains how Tamiya enamels were used to paint this World War Two vignette featuring camouflaged uniforms. The Soviet coveralls are the “Ameba” pattern, whereas the German tunic and trousers have the M44 “Dot Pattern” camouflage for tank crews.
Eduardo Fernández Rodríguez presents “A Present for Hitler!” where in over five-pages he explains in a step-by-step article how to finish a World War Two vignette in less than 25 hours for an urgent Box Art cover! Learn how to paint African-American soldiers in 1:35 scale inspired by a real wartime photo.
Our regular contributor Stelios Neofytidis offers a four-page article on producing a two-figure vignette, Italian Front 1943-44. He explains how to create and paint a vignette using commercial resin figures on a scenic base. He decided to give a different appearance to the well-known Alpine Miniatures’ figures set (35165 Kurt Meyer and Officer), which depicts a pair of Waffen SS officers using the Alpine Miniatures’ heads provided in the set.
We welcome a new artist Huy Nguyen from Vietnam to Mr Black Publications editions with an amazing painting work of Multicam Camouflage on a 120mm figure using acrylic, oil and lacquer colours.
This painting was done before the artist knew our intention to publish it, so we present only large, high-resolution pictures of the finished figure. However, we decided to add the painted chips of the mixes he used and a step-by-step painted pattern with the numbers of each colour he added during the painting process. This covers 13 pages!
As always, thanks must go to all our contributors for their support and for sharing their secrets with us. Special thanks are due to Pietro Balloni, Luca Marchetti, Alex Vallejo, Darren Parker-Mead, Man Jin Kim, Alexey Lucanev, Fernando Vallejo, Taesung Harmms, Andrew Cairns, Young B. Song, Dae-Hyeong Kim, Ju Won Jung, Paul Ondeck, Yannis Papadopoulos and last, but not least… Our English Text Editor Ken Jones.
We hope you enjoy our latest edition!
- 4 A Greek Hoplite at the Battle of Marathon 490 BC - Painting Realistic Flesh, Metals, Fabrics and the Shield using Acrylics and Oils – 75mm (1/24)
- 12 Templar Standard Bearer - Painting a Large Scale Figure Using Oil Colours – 200mm (1/9)
- 16 Drummer of Greadiers, 67th Line Refiment Vienna, 1809 - Painitng a Colourful 75mm Napoleonic Period Figure with Acrylics and Inks - 75mm (1/24)
- 22 Russian Razvedchiki with Waffen SS Tanker Prisoner of War 1944-45 -How Tamiya Enamels were used to Paint a WWII Vignette with Different Camouflage Uniforms – 50mm (1/35)
- 28 A Present for Hitler - Finishing a World War Two Vignette in Less Than 25 Hours for an Urgent Box Art Cover. This was inspired from a Real Wartime Photo On Painting African-American soldiers – 50mm (1/35)
- 34 Italian Front 1943-1944 - Creating and Painting a Vignette Using Commercial Resin Figures and Base – 50mm (1/35)
- 38 US Navy SEAL- Painting a Multicam Camouflage Pattern on a 120mm Figure with Acrylic, Oil and Lacquer Colours - 120mm (1/16)
LOUIS D’ORIO • STELIOS NEOFYTIDIS • HUY NGUYEN • SERGEY POPOVICHENKO • EDUARDO FERNANDEZ RODRIGUEZ • TOSHIHIRO SANO • ERNESTO REYES STALHUTH
- A4 Format
- 52 Pages
- Matt Laminated Cover