CYBER MONDAY SALE
-15%! All Titles!
JUST ENTER THE COUPON CODE ''CYBER'' AT CHECKOUT.
- Valid untill December 1, for orders 80 EUR and up.
- Please mind that products already in offer are excluded from the coupon action.
Figure Modelling Vol. 24
- Brand: Mr Black Publications
- Product Code: D16183 
- Availability: In Stock & ready to ship!
- Date added: 01/09/2019
This product belongs to the following categories:
This is the 24th issue of FIGURE MODELLING in Mr Black Publications’ Scale Model Handbook series.
This time the Figure Modelling book includes 10 articles from seven well-known artists, who offer lots of tips and techniques about modelling miniature figures, busts, and vignettes from ancient times to the Second World War. Chosen subjects are covered in detail and illustrated with step-by-step photos and explanatory texts.
Sergey Popovichenko returns with a six-page, step-by-step Evocatus article. He shows in detail the painting of a veteran Roman soldier using AK-Interactive and Vallejo acrylics.
Ernesto Reyes Stalhuth returns, this time with a Roman Legionary bust of the 1st century AD explaining over six pages his non-metallic painting method for large-scale miniatures.
Next is two-page article featuring a Templar Sergeant, After the Battle, c.1250, a classic historical bust, painted by Zacharias Andriopoulos who explains how to paint a medieval Knight Templar bust using acrylic paints and Vallejo Metal Color. Zacharias also presents another two-page article of a fantasy bust, The Old Dragon using acrylics and printers’ inks.
A four-page article follows by Qianwei Shi presenting the Ambiorix, Chief of Eubones explaining how he gets special metal effects on miniature figures without using metallic paints.
Christos Katselos is a regular contributor and returns with three articles covering a total of eight pages in the book. The first is fantasy - Amaryne, the border protector where Christos explains how to paint a large-scale female bust using a wet palette of acrylics paints over four pages. The second two-page article is “Sea Wolf”, a WWII German U-Boat Commander bust where he uses acrylics. The final two-page article is “War Daddy”, a WWII US Tank Commander. This figure is based on the movie character played by Brad Pitt and has been painted using acrylics.
David Hernanz Caldevilla is up next with a six-page article featuring the classic figure of a German Stormtrooper 1918 where he shows how to create an eye-catching First World War figure with scenic groundwork using commercial items allied to some scratch building techniques.
“German Fallschirmjäger with MG42, Russia 1943” by Toshihiro Sano closes Figure Modelling 24. Toshihiro presents us with a 12-page step-by-step article revealing all his secrets on painting a large-scale full figure in winter uniform using Tamiya enamels.
- Evocatus, Bellum Marcomannicum c. AD 170 - Painting a Veteran Roman Soldier with AK-Interactive and Vallejo Model Color Acrylics – 54mm (1/32)
- Roman Legionary 1st century AD - Painting Non-Metallic Metal on a Large Scale Bust – 180mm (1/10)
- Templar Sergeant, After the Battle c.1250 - Painting a Large Scale Bust Using Acrylics and Vallejo Metal Airbrush Colours – 180mm (1/10)
- Ambiorix, Chief of Eubones - How to Get Metal Effects on your Miniature Figures without Using Metallic Paints – 75mm (1/24)
- Amaryne - The Border Protector - Painting a Female Fantasy Large Scale Bust using Acrylics Paints and Wet Palette – 180mm (1/10)
- The Old Dragon - Painting a Large Scale Fantasy Bust Using Acrylics and Printers’ Inks – 200mm (1/9)
- Sea Wolf - WWII German U-boat Commander - Painting a WWII German Naval Officer Using Acrylics – 180mm (1/10)
- German Stormtrooper 1918 - Painting a 90mm Full Figure of a WWI German Stormtrooper with Acrylic Paints – 90mm (1/20)
- War Daddy, WWII US Tank Commander - Painting a US Tank Commander based on a Movie Character with Acrylics – 120mm (1/16)
- German Fallschirmjäger with MG42, Russia 1943 - Painting a Large Scale Full Figure in Winter Uniform Using Tamiya Enamels - 120mm (1/16).