German Intelligence and Security Agencies in Greece, Byron Tesapsides
- Product Code: D16692 
- Availability: In Stock & ready to ship!
- Date added: 04/01/2020
This product belongs to the following categories:
GERMAN INTELLIGENCE AND SECURITY AGENCIES IN GREECE DURING WII, 1941-1944.
Aims of this book:
In writing this book I intend to provide a brief summary of the personnel involved in the German army, navy and air force intelligence activities in Greece during World War II.
The personnel presented in this book have, mostly, been processed through the US Screening Centre at Ludwigsburg, Germany and their interrogations have been stored in the files of Intelligence Division APO 757, US Army European Command, the CIA files and the UK National Archives, London.
This book embraces all the German military intelligence activities in Greece, including its agents, the informers, their relationship with members of the Greek government and their information on the British and US intelligence services.
The German intelligence units it focuses on are:
- the Abwehrdienst (Ast, Espionage and Counter Espionage)
- the Fernaufklärungtrupps (FATs / mobile intelligence units)
- the SIPO- S.D. (Security Police)
- Agencies 2000 and 3000 (Stay behind nets)
- the G.F.P. (Secret Field Police)
The archival material approaches the subject of the book from the standpoint of the personalities involved, directly or indirectly, in gathering intelligence that could be used against the Allies. This material is the result of interrogation reports after the arrest of the personnel involved by British or US services. These reports present an extremely reliable picture of the operations and ways these German secret and security agencies were organised.
All military ranks, agencies and places are in the original German of the archives researched. Personnel are listed with their names and/or aliases, position held and a brief history of their activities and in that order. In some cases only the name appears as no further information exists.
The author has just processed and written down the activities of all that personnel from the British and US archives and does not express his personal opinion or views in doing so.
- German Intelligence activities in Greece
- The Abwehr in Greece before the Occupation
- Agencies and units of the Abwehr in Greece
- The Abwehr in occupied Greece
- Kdo-chain of AST-Athens
- The Gruppen of Ast I Athens
- Sub - stations of Ast Athens
- Abwehrstelle Salonika
- Abwehr agents Salonika
- Outposts of the Ast Salonika in the regions occupied by Bulgarian Forces
- Sub-stations of Ast Salonika – the East Aegean Island Networks
- Special agent personalities of Ast Athens
- The Abwehrtrupps and the Frontaufklärungstrupps (FAT)
- The FATs in the Balkans
- Höherer SS und Polizeiführer GRIECHENLAND
- SIPO – S.D.
- SIPO – S.D. in Athens
- SIPO – S.D. outpost Salonika IV B4
- SIPO – S.D. in other cities
- Abwehr-Kdo. or Dienststelle 2000 and 3000
- Abwehr-Kdo. or Dienststelle 2000 in Salonika
- Personalities of the Salonika Abwehr Agents
- Abwehr-Kdo. or Dienststelle 3000 in Athens
- Post occupational sabotage network of Dienststelle 3000
- Political espionage of Dienststelle 3000
- Other German intelligence service enterprises
- Personalities of the Athenian network of Dienststelle 3000
- Τhe Italian section
- LUDEWIG August
- Subsequent movements and activities generally
- Other activities of LUDEWIG
- The deserter Ustuf Georg Kronberger
- The poisoning of the preacher of Kapandhriti
- Geheime Feldpolizei (GFP)
- Dr.Roman Loos, the“British Mission” and the Don STOOT case
- GFP 510 in Salonika, Athens and Rhodes
- GFP 611 in Salonika, Athens and Crete
- GFP 621 in Salonika and its outposts
- GFP 640 in Athens and Piraeus
- Interrogation reports of the interpreter Georgios Karatzas, Arrests, tortures and executions